1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info requested on this 90ish Spector Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rat Blitz, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

Jan 6, 2009
    Can anyone give me details on this Spector model?
    All the guy knows is that he bought it in about 1990 for $600.
    Korean or US??
    Many thanks

spector-1.jpg

2. neck thru and a contoured body? NS-2A is my bet. not us. Kramer era spectors i believe. nice basses.

3. CTC564

CTC564 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    Agreed...

I had a Spector NS-2 first year Kramer produced them...EMG p/u and inlays in fretboard

NS-2A came shortly after...Spector electronics and dot inlays

I owned both and found the NS-2A to have a thicker neck but still a nice bass

Many bandmates loved that Spector tone more than any other bass I've owned...

4. For reference here is my old 2a. Mine doesnt have that toggle switch and i added the EMG setup.

DSC01267.jpg

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nope, if you look at the pics in the first post, you can tell from the contouring that the body is flat rather than arched the way the NS-2A is--the OP has an NS-2B. It was also Korean made, one step down from the NS-2A.

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    That looks bolt on to me.
    That would make it an NS2C.

7. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

Jan 6, 2009
    They guy just told me it was neck thru so I guess it's NS2B

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    That's weird. It doesn't have the "Cow Catcher" scoop at the end of the fingerboard like you see on NS neck thru's, even the imports. :meh:

9. Catsha

Catsha

Dec 13, 2018
    I have a Spector Korean 1980’s SN2b Bass. It looks just like bassplayersbob’s except it has 3 knobs and a 3 way switch. The pickups are hot but say Spector on them. Does anyone know if the switch is to pick the pickups or whatever. I just got it, sounds great. Does anyone know what they are worth?
    Serial # S6056972. Ps. What year?
    Thanks. Catsha

10. Catsha

Catsha

Dec 13, 2018
    It’s me again. The neck is thru not bolted
    and the body has more of a curve to it.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021