1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Interest in original Ampeg Amp-Peg?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ddbassGA, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ddbassGA

ddbassGA Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Over the years I have accumulated a lot of bass pickups and accessories. Among this "collection" are 2 original Ampeg Amp-Peg mic systems, which I removed from a couple of old Kay basses. As I look at my music room I realize I don't need both. Heck I really don't need one, though I'd keep one for display purposes (with my B-15 and Baby Bass :>).

Is there interest in these Amp-Pegs among upright bass enthusiasts? What do they go for? Let me know what you think and I'll post one or both, and some other items, in the Classified.

Thanks,
    Dick Daniels
    ddbassGA

2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    They're very useful for showing how it used to be; not much else. Put it in a shadow box with a Polytone and hang it on the wall.

3. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    You should post some pics over in the Ampeg club thread. Would love to see those!

4. ddbassGA

ddbassGA Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Ha! Still have the Polytone too though that is 25 years newer than the Amp-peg.