Interesting Xotic Bass news

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scubaduba, Feb 7, 2020.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I haven't seen much in the way of Xotic basses lately. Either USA or their Provintage import line.

So I sent an inquiry through the Xotic web site and received this in reply:

"At this time the Pro Vintage line is sold out and there are no plans to continue however they are working on a new USA line.
    We still make our basses in Japan and they are available for purchase through them.

Please contact our Japan office who is now in charge of all XJ/XP/XPJ series and they will assist you."

I'm not entirely sure what that means but it would appear there are currently no USA basses in production and the Provintage line has been discontinued. But there is a new USA line in development? That has me interested.

hamertek98 likes this.
  2. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    They make their guitars in the US so it makes sense that they would start building the basses here.

3. I wonder if the USA ones are going to be as reasonably prices as the XJ Provintage. I got mine. Did a few mods and I very happy with it.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021