1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is it just me or ...? Neo content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by audiorep2, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Love my Subways, I’ll never go back to heavy cabs...

tree_trunker and agedhorse like this.
  2. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I'm interested in those cabs too. I play festivals, are those cabs able to cut through on big stages?

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    The "best" materials are going to have the longest factory warranty. From manufacturers who actually have good warranty service centers. They probably won't have off the shelf drivers you can buy yourself so they need to have good warranty service. Speakers are just kind of out there, the user can plug in whatever amp they want, so a real warranty has actual testing to back it up.

4. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Yes but gigs like that usually have FOH sound..

5. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I discovered that in most cases a respectful conversation and they will get you sounding like you. Give them a noisefree strong proper voltage signal with your tone and they love it. This is why some people carry Reddis Moniques etc even if they have or don’t have a rig. Give them a sterile DI out that doesn’t sound like what you hear from your cab and then expect them to craft it when they’ve never heard you before and have limited time, is asking a lot. Many engineers mic cabs too so do you like what you sound like? Do you know best mic placement for your cab? Many engineers want to do what you want because it means less guess work for them.

6. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    I love the sound I get from my NEO cabs and that’s important for me as far as stage volume is concerned, but I also trust every engineer we work with. The tone I like may not work for the room, so all I can do is run a line from my pre and trust that the sound man will do his job. And I’m okay with this.

Kro likes this.
  7. Get back to us in another 20 or 30 years when your body has had enough of you being "good to it" and starts to fall apart and tell us whether you still think the same.
    Good for you, we don't all get the choice to go ampless.

Korladis likes this.
  8. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Qp21VKy.

(I appreciate your fighting all sides at once :laugh:)

Korladis likes this.
  9. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Yes they do, but I always rely on my rig. So it has to push enough so that I can hear and feel my soud.
    Do you think the subways might be able to do that?

Kukulkan61 and shoot-r like this.
  10. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Depends on how loud and how low you need to go to achieve your own needs, I don't know what you consider loud or low.

We have some guys touring with 4 x 115's, and Les Claypool toured with 2 x 115's and 2 x 112's driven by 2 Subway D-80's using the effects send and return link method (described in the manual) and he was playing some pretty big stages in front of pretty big audiences.

11. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I'm pretty barbarian about that. I cranck massive low to feel it, and usually play loud. I play bass because I crave the deep sound this instrument produces. SO I have a "need" to hear and feel it.

One master amp and the second is slave?

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Yes, if you need loud this is what I would recommend. No alternative to "enough rig for the gig"

BadExample likes this.
  13. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I could do this with both of my Titans ;)

About the subway cabs, do you think it could fit my needs?

BadExample likes this.
  14. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Yes they are nice and punchy and crystal clear..

15. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    With 4, I think so.

baxter_x likes this.
  16. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1 Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    Thanks much for the prompt response. I was doing a comparison to my Eden cabs, and was surprised the weight of Mesa and my Eden cabs were pretty similar. No need to pursue further. Thanks again.

17. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    The Subways use Neo drivers and are much lighter.

18. dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    Thanks again for the info. Did you happen to get the efficiency rating for those?

19. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Al Kraft and SoulReflection like this.
  20. dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    Thanks for the link, but it does not state the efficiency, or the frequency range for that matter. Actually, I’ve been to the site before and could not find this information, which is why I’d though I’d give you a try. Listen, I’ve taken enough of your time. Thanks much.