Is it wrong to put fender decals on a warmoth neck??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I agree, but when can/can't one use a Fender logo on it? If you have a bass with a Fender neck with the factory decals on it, but there's nothing else authentically Fender about the instrument, should you remove the decals? It would be less of a Fender (by weight, at any rate) than the instrument referenced at the top of the thread.

It's a tempest in a teapot, IMO.

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    If it's a legitimate Fender neck with a Fender decal there is no reason to remove it.

3. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Actually, that's the way I feel, too. I'd leave decals as they are, or are not, as the case may be.

Somewhat related - I knew a bass player who replaced the Fender logos on the head and cab of his Dual Showman with chrome Chrysler logos he salvaged from an old car. It looked really cool; the size and slant of the script was perfect. I don't think either Fender or Chrysler filed suit against him. :D

4. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

5. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    One can use a Fender logo whenever one feels like it.

But it might be more interesting to use a Ford, Wendy's, or Dolce & Gabbana logo.

6. DoggBisket

DoggBisket

May 3, 2009
    Minnesota
    Make your own logo. Putting a Fender logo on a Warmoth is is lame as people who put Gibson logos on the Saga kit LP's.

7. Yes, it's wrong.

8. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Of course it's wrong. Eventually it's going to passed off as the real thing to someone not as knowledgeable, but of course they "deserve it" for being trusting. I think those who are unethical enough to considering doing it should instead make one in Fender script that says "feminized".

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021