1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there a "Participated" link like in the mobile app?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by bobicidal, Jun 13, 2014.

1. bobicidal

bobicidal

Mar 28, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    I like on the mobile app there is a "Participated" feature to see threads I have contributed to.

Is there such a thing on the web?

Please let me know.

All in all the new stuff is good. A bonus is I like how people using mobile app don't know how to see the prices in the classified. While they are asking "what is the price" I can be closing a deal, LOL.

2. 70sJazz

70sJazz Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Been looking for this too, since the site was updated I had hoped they would add this glaring omission. It's always been the #1 weakness of bothering to use the full website, IMO. Going back to your thread conversations to pick up where you've left off is the most basic repetitively repeated task that any forum I've used had except this one. To have to remember where you've made a comment & have to manually search for it each time you want to see if someone replied is too much of a chore. I'm sure it's a reason a lot of the members go silent after someone replies to their post.

I rarely use the full website anymore for this single reason. The mobile version outshines it by far because you can go straight to the threads you've been in and pick up where you've left off.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hmm... Why not just keep the default setting of "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." in your preferences, then all you have to do is click on "Watched Threads". You'll also have new Alerts if anyone has replied to you, or in one of your watched (participated) threads.

bobicidal likes this.