1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaded guy impressed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simonon Paul Simonon, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:06 PM.

1. RDW

RDW Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Badass, sir. Wish you hadn't shared. Now I want one...

n1as likes this.
  2. Love the finish! Grats on the beautiful bass.....may it quell your GAS for at least a short time! ;)

3. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship? Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    gawjus.

jamro217 and the harp unstrung like this.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Really? I never realized a roasted body/neck would smell like that...no thanks.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. Those smells go away after a while. When I got my new bass I could literally smell the wood of it for about 9 months.
    Then I took it to the local luthier for my first PRO setup & he covered it in some Stew-Mac polish which completely removed the scent of wood for months & months.

Some of that great woody aroma has returned, but I will be soaking it in furniture cream in a couple of months, to prepare for Winter dryness.

6. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    New builder? Kinna looks like a sadowsky.....

Nice bass ;)

7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I want a bass that smells like Jasmine with a touch of citrus and just a hint of sea breeze............but that probably wont happen.

If I want to smell campfire I'll just go out back and make one.

But seriously though, I wondered how these might sound, I wish someone around here carried these, its obviously getting high praise

Ghastly likes this.
  8. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
  9. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship? Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
  10. Yay!!!

Maybe the "Pics or it didn't happen" slogan should be changed to "Pics other than stock photos or it didn't happen". Whaddya think? :D:D

Ghastly, Wisebass and Killed_by_Death like this.
  11. :roflmao:

Ghastly likes this.
  12. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    "That's my bass you troll"

jamro217 and twinjet like this.
  13. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    I played one of these at a local store. The roasted ash body was super lightweight and looked really neat. I was not in the market for a jazz bass or would have been tempted. Super cool bass, congrats

14. I thought the neck was the roasted part?

Bass V likes this.
  15. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
  16. Well, that settles it. Tomorrow I'm going to bake my bass!

Ghastly and 1bassplayinfool like this.
  17. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    The main thing is that you need to post stock photos and claim them as your own. Then when someone suggests they might be stock photos? Quickly insult that person. That's the way to get folks to give a hang about your awesome new bass acquisition.

Ghastly, Bass V, 4sight and 4 others like this.
  18. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    All you need is a really big plastic EZ bake oven. Maybe a couple marshmallows.

The one I played also jumped out because the bass felt so lively and resonant. I think the torrefication process can give them that dry vintage-y feel.

19. Soon we'll have to take photos of the basses with us in the photo & that day's Wall St. Journal in hand.

20. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

upload_2018-10-11_22-29-5.