Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Lead Sheets

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by refinedbass, Apr 25, 2005.

1. this isn't really a tab request, but I am needing some lead sheets from a real book or fake book. A couple that I want to get are Blue Bossa and The Girl from Impanema, but any others will work also. I want to start getting more and more into jazz stuff, so anything you guys could get me would be beneficial. Thanks in advance.

My e-mail address is refinedbass@yahoo.com

Brad

2. Come on ya'll. Somebody's gotta have something.

Bumpity bump bump

3. larry

larry Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Florida
    You can pick up a legal version of the "Real Book" now for probably $25 or so. Hal Leonard is the publisher, I think.

4. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I have to agree... if you want to get into jazz just buy the book. I got a jazz fake book and a classical fake book for Christmas, have played something out of one of them every day and it's definitely made me a better musician. Not to mention doing wonders for my treble-clef sightreading skills!

5. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    try
    www.guitar-masters.com

or maybe if you D/L music type in "real book" or "fake book" in the documents section..........................

6. Awesome bro. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a million. :hyper:

Time to go practice. :bassist: