John Frusciante left the RHCPs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bearclaw, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bearclaw

bearclaw

Nov 13, 2000
    I have been reading and hearing that John Frusciante, the guitarist for the RHCPs, has left the band again and that Josh Klinghoffer(I think I mispelled his name) has replaced him.

What a shame, he was the glue that held that band together in my opinion. They should just call it a day and not fuss with the legacy by trying to get another dude to fill those awfully large shoes JF left behind. Dave Navarro gave it an attempt and ended up getting fired due to tensions within the band etc., and just didn't click with them on a spiritual level.

Ohh well, let us see what happens and hope for the best, retirement!

2. im pissed u have no idea

3. king_biscuit

king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    IMHO, the best of the RHCPs was pre-John anyway. What a idiot though, what else is he going to do -- I would have never gotten off of that gravy train... Drugs, alcohol and dumbassity... a deadly combination!

4. PeaceSells775

PeaceSells775 Guest

Sep 17, 2007
    Although JF is my favorite of the few RHCP guitarists, I don't think he's the glue that holds the band together. Anthony Kiedis and Flea are the two original band members left. John was in after Hillel Slovak's death.

5. gumtown

gumtown

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    gui****s are a dime a dozen, no loss:rolleyes: aye!!

6. Have you read some of Anthony's autobiography? Dave made sexual advances on Anthony, and Anthony did not oblige lol

Idk about you, but that would sorta weird me out a bit...

7. Frusciante :eek::crying::eek:??? Glue?!?!?!? No.... "THE" GLUE!!!! :bassist: :D

I wholeheartedly agree!!! Sure. Flea smokes. BUT(!!!)..... L-O-V-E his (Frusciante's) style!!! :hyper:

NOBODY'LL FIT...'xcept a clone!!! :bag:

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Meh.

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    I don`t really care to be honest. They are overrated and it`s been years since they`ve released anything memorable.

I can honestly see this being the end of the band.

10. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    RHCP isn't all that great, but Frusciante is an amazing guitarist. I love his solo work.

11. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Flea's to busy hand building his "Flea Basses for the children" to care.

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    +1.21 gigawatts

13. More solo JF > anything RHCP has done in 10 years

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I love that book, really opens your eyes than Anthony didnt just wander into stardom. He had a route trip.

This sucks man.. I have grown up on RHCP, and John has always been te guitarist, in my lifetime at least! What else will he do? I mean, he left possibly the biggest known band in the world.. Umm.. okay?

Life moves on.

15. You should check out his large discography of solo records (barring the first two, that he wrote while heroin-addled). I recommend starting with Shadows Collide With People, and then working from there.

16. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Aren't they on some kind of hiatus? I heard Flea was taking music courses at USC. Isn't the drummer playing with Chickenfoot right now?

17. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    they should play again with Dave Navarro. They've never been so good since then, IMO

18. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    did you miss post #6 ??? I'm not Anthony and even I'm weirded by that.... :bag:

19. bearclaw

bearclaw

Nov 13, 2000
    When I said he was the glue that held them together I meant musically speaking. Frusciante took the Peppers into territory they would have never ventured into without his vision. Navarro, Slovak, Sherman, they never had the depth to push the envelope.

20. boomtisk

boomtisk

Nov 24, 2009
    Germany
    While I've always liked John's Hendrix-infused style, I really didn't like what he did on their latest album, too many distorted power chords and guitar overdubs, he was really starting to sound like any other guitarist and making the band sound closer to your average radio rock band in the process. I preferred his more minimalist style that left a lot of space on the albums before that.

Seeing them team up with Navarro again would be interesting (One Hot Minute struck me as pretty damn awesome and complex) although he didn't really seem that great at the funky guitar playing thing and made the band sound more like some kind of grunge band.