Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Johnny Rubber???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jul 24, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys!

MY firned said to look up something called johnny rubber. So I did. And i found this weird looking thing on google. Do you know what it is?
    Btw guys, caution if you get scared easy I wouldnt look it up. Its very scary.

~JB~

P.S. please dont post any pics of it, they really freak me out!

2. Rubber Johnny documents a 16-year-old, inbred mutant's solitary existence, locked in a pitch-black basement by his ashamed parents. They are TV addict rednecks who occasionally feed Johnny and yell at him for making noise. Johnny's only company in the basement is his little dog. His dog's I.Q. far outstrips Johnny's, who is a completely insane, bi-polar imbecile.

Featuring music by Aphex Twin

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Woah. :(

-Ray

5. It's actually just a movie that's suppose to look like a documentary. Like spinal tap.

It's Apex twin and good special rubber effects...

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    indeed FF.

it's freaky, but fake.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ha ha!

8. Its a 6 minute film that Chris Cunningham made featuring music by Aphex twin. The artwork that came with the dvd is far more disturbing then the actual video! :eek:
    Check out some of his other videos . I think he is one of the best out there.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It was more like a music video than a film to me.

I enjoyed it. Before I knew who was involved I was thinking "Richard D. James meets David Lynch." Turns out it was just "Richard D. James meets Chris Cunningham."

brad cook

10. That was neat. The part that was most disturbing to me was when they did the "extreme closeups" and you saw guts and fluids.

shudder.

Mon

11. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    yea, that reminded me of a bad trip or something.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I agree with every word of that post except "brad cook."

I thought it was stupid. I don't get the whole snorting of the huge line of cocaine... it was just stupid. All my friends were about to poop there pants, I just kinda laughed at it.

Can I be hardcore NOW?!

Peter

13. Ok, I dug around, and yes, thisis a music video / creepout short by Chris Cummingham, who has done shorts for Aphex and Bjork and the like. He is quite a visionnary filmaker, very inventive (does anyone remember the Aphex Twin "come to daddy" video? awesome)

So yeah, there is a DVD / 40 page book combo available for like 10-15 bucks. You can buy it here:

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=80106170039

Mon