1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

joining a band ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Sure, what have you got to lose ( apart from your face and honour ) ?

54 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah.. if you think they're too good, better look for something else.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have this thing called "21 Suggestions for Success" taped up on my wall. Part of #19 reads:

"When you look back on your life you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."

That just seems to make a lot of sense to me.

;)

2. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    go for it, allo. let us know how it goes...

3. Doe maar! :)

4. If you don't, you're going to regret it. Give it your best shot and you're going to surprise yourself.

5. i need to start saying that too. maybe then someone can tell me why i DO suck so bad.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Go for it, man!

My times of greatest growth as a musician came when I was playing with people who were better than I was.

7. malibu

malibu Guest

Dec 26, 2001
    man ... sounds perfect !

8. LOL!!!!! I agree.

If you passed this opportunity you'll be smacking yourself later on.

9. I started playing a year ago. If I thought like that, I'd never join a band.

So carpe that diem allready!

(Uhh, right. Sorry 'bout that last one, bit of wankery there. ;))

10. Funkster

Funkster Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm with the consensus! Go for it!!!!

11. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    You'll have to tell us all how it goes.

12. InDgroove

InDgroove

Jul 9, 2002
    Go for it. If you were not good enough, they would not ask you to play with them.

13. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hell yes, Join the band. That's why we spend all those hours practicing scales and arpeggios and spending all our cash on gear and endlessly searching for "the" tone. Hell yes, join the band

14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    yeah seize the carp

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Well.. I don't think you should go for it.. You'll only end up hanging out with 2 women who are excellent musicians as you say.. I mean that couldn't be much fun ;)

just kidding. I say you should go for it.. the worst they could tell you is that you suck.. which isn't all that pleasant.. but hey.. I honestly doubt you suck so go for it

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    go for it steph!!, you've got the skills and this will only make ya that much better. and once ya do i can stop razzin ya for never playin with other people ;)

17. Go for it my man.

These women obviously think you're good enough.
    Also think what you would say if someone else was asking this question. hmmm?