1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Junk

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Busker, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I am P.O'd.

I got one of those Behringer BDI 21 bass drivers in late December. I've only used it perhaps 20 times, at home, never on a gig.

Now the in and out jacks are worn out, wont hold the cord plugs tightly, and the thing won't even turn on. I just put a new battery in it, so its not a dead battery.

Junk.

2. jaebee

jaebee

Mar 16, 2007
    are you surprised? it cost 20 dollars

3. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Actually $31 plus tax.

Surprised it didn't even last a couple of months of light use? You bet I'm surprised about that.

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Why do you think everyone hates Behringer so vehemently?

5. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    The way I see it, a lot of times with music equipment you get what you pay for. I personally won't use Behringer equipment. I think there's a few reasons the pedals the Behringers try to knock off cost more, not just paying for a better brand name.

6. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    And now I know from personal experience.

7. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

What are you talking about?
    that's a great pedal.

8. Lesfunk

FOR ME TOO POOP ON!

9. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I have one I'll sell you real cheap.;)

10. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    OK, got me there. LOL

11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Wow, how come you don't pop that one out often?

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    GEES ITS ONLY EVERY SECOND POST AT THE MOMENT!

13. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    That's Behringer for ya', hate to break it to you but you get what you pay for.

14. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Don't you mean "break it for you"? It'd do him a favor.

OH, right... it broke itself already. :D

15. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I'd be willing to bet he rehouses it a la Toasted and never buys a Behringer product again.

16. Lesfunk

This is a great Quote...

17. Lesfunk

FOR ME TO POOP ON.

18. I'd do it...

19. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Yeah, I think you nailed it. Never buy another Behringer product again.

I wanted the Sansamp BDDI you know, but that was $200, so I thought this would get me by for a while. And I guess it got me by for a while.:mad: But come on, how does this company even stay in business, if this is representative of their products' reliability? What kind of metal do they use in those jacks? Tin foil? Its not hard to build a jack that will last. There are millions of them in old guitars, amps & effects, and they seldom fail. Oh, but most companies don't use the old tried and true Switchcraft-type jacks nowadays. They use those plastic-housed piece-O-crap jacks just so they can attach it to a printed circuit board and save a precious few minutes of production time.

[/berhringer]

Junk

20. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Well, any chance that I just got a particularly bad one?

Reason I ask is, I just called the store I bought it from and they offered to exchange it for a new one, no problem. He said they haven't had much trouble with these. I would rather just get store credit, maybe they will do that instead.

I guess I could always use a set and a half of strings, or 1,237 guitar picks.

I was thinking that maybe, with store credit, I would trade up to a Digitech Bass Squeeze compressor, but that pedal gets mixed reviews.