1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JUST GOT MESA-BOGGIES NEW BASS HEAD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zzr0ck3r, Mar 17, 2008.

1. zzr0ck3r

zzr0ck3r

Mar 14, 2008
    I just bought a mesa-boogie fathom today. I play a fender american precision deluxe and I also bought the ampeg 8x10s (we all know what these sound like so ill skip that review), The head is very nice lots of head room and easy to dial in tones, im in a band that jumps around to dif types of rock so im constantly going from pick to fingers and it was easy to find my sound on first try.:) . I have been in the market for a new head for over a month and i was looking at the ampeg's and mesa's. i really liked the mpulse600 but did not like the interface i liked the bigblock but not enough lows, this is right in the middle. You can really get a big tube sound out of this and its 30 lbs. OK thats it. i love it! go try it!!! pz 999.99$

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Very Cool.
    Congrats!

I'm envious.
    Keep us posted

3. Man, I may have to get one of those. Sadly, it will be a while, as the taxman is on my tail!!!

4. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Pic's :eyebrow:

5. zzr0ck3r

zzr0ck3r

Mar 14, 2008
    cant find lil usb cord from cam to pc:(

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think the no pics rule applies here. Apparently, you don't actually have this amp.

7. I BET MORE PEOPLE WILL LOOK AT MY THREAD IF I PUT THE TITLE IN ALL CAPS.

ISN'T IT WEIRD THAT NOBODY ELSE PICKED UP ON THIS GREAT IDEA?

8. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    hater in the house

let the guy have his moment

9. zzr0ck3r

zzr0ck3r

Mar 14, 2008
    yeah im sorry this is my first forum and i came here to look around so thought i would post. After first post mine didnt look bold so i thought i did something wrong. On second post i did caps not bold cause i was confused. I would have put this all in the review section but it wont let me make post there unless the amp is added, and mine is not.
    Any way ill get a pic up when i can get my camera going but its gonna look alot like the one on the website but in a ugly gator gig bag.

10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Grats! I look forward to the gig reports. :cool:

11. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    sounds sweet.

lets get some pics and a nice review

12. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Is it possible for the Mods to change the spelling of BOGGIE to Boogie, so this will come up in searches when spelled correctly? It would also help to have Fathom in title, but even having Boogie spelled correctly would be beneficial with future searches.

13. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Not to continue negativity because I'm happy for this guy... But what honestly useful information worth searching a year from now has been posted in this thread?

OP: Good score!

14. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Touche'. At least to this point.

15. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    As Munjibunga already stated, no Pics no Amp.

We bass voyeurs need our fix ya know?

16. zzr0ck3r

zzr0ck3r

Mar 14, 2008

Attached Files:

17. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Very interesting.
    Please give a full report ASAP

What amp and basses etc you use with it.
    What music, etc etc

18. Man they look great. Don't look to be available in Oz yet but when they do they'll co$t a bomb. The Titan V12 retails for $4795!

19. zzr0ck3r

zzr0ck3r

Mar 14, 2008
    what amp i use??? now i think your just trying to tell me what to do. This post is about the amp and i say what bass i use and what kind of music i play in the post. If you mean
    what speakers thats in there also.

20. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    Nice toaster oven! :)