1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Keith's Tone! (Picture and Sound Clip)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Apr 8, 2006.

1. For anyone who cares, this is the sound I love. It's with a Fender Jazz Deluxe (Fender Flatwounds) to a SVT-3 Pro and SVT-410 HLF. Deep... This girl can sing! :D

Here is a picture of our "jam" room...
    [​IMG]

...and here is a small sound clip. I can't feel the groove without drums... but I tried... :rolleyes:

SVT-3 Pro Through SVT-410 HLF! (Turn your volume down...)

2. I like the little slide at the end :D

Sounds good, but I'd like to hear clips of those settings going into the lower register. I would anticipate a great loss of definition. Not my cup 'o tea (as my mom says), but whatever floats your boat.

I always wished that you could send notes in different ranges to differently EQed channels, to thicken up the highs with bass frequencies and clear up the lows with a bass cut. Then I wouldn't run into this dilemma.

Well, until then, I will have to EQ for my B string :meh:

Cool song btw!

3. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    Well, you kinda can.

My Peavey preamp has an option to have 2 seperate outputs for the high and low frequencies (I'm not sure about the freq cut off point) But with that you can output the sepearate channels to seperate eqs and then maybe seperate cabs therefore giving you the ability to thicken up the highs with bass frequencies and clear up the lows with a bass cut.

:)