1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kerly Music Strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Willy2911, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Willy2911

Willy2911

Sep 11, 2008
    OC California
    I was just given a set of Kerly Bass strings and Have to say
    so far they are awsome!!!
    Has anyone here tried them???:bassist:
    Please Give me your input -
    Thx!

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    Hows the life on them?

3. Willy2911

Willy2911

Sep 11, 2008
    OC California
    So far So Good... They say that they last a really long time...

4. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    I've been using these strings for a couple of years now on my fretless. They last forever. I use DR Hi Beams on my fretted bass and change out the strings every couple of months (I play that bass about 40% of the time). The Kerly's on my fretless get changed every 3-4 months. The tone of the strings changes so imperceptibly over time that the only way I know to change them is when I have trouble getting them in tune! Did anyone mention they are easy on the fingers too?

Ralf

5. I've been using my 5 string set of Kerly strings for more than a year. Played 30 something shows, 60 or more band practices and countless hours of self practicing. I don't take care of my strings and they sound almost as amazing as they did the day I put them on my bass. They are awesome!

6. Do you buy direct from them,or do they have a dealer network? I've never heard of them but i'm curious.

7. I bought them from Musician's Friend. I've tried to get my local music store to carry them, with no luck. I bought the heavy nickel plated, I haven't tried their other strings.