Lakland "Case Candy"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Anyone got an idea of where I can get some "case candy" (allen wrenches) so I can adjuct my truss rod and bridge? Or if you are in a good mood and have some extra that wouldnt mind selling/giving away, thatd be pretty sweet too.

    Sorry Ryan, Jeff or any mod that thinks that this needs to be in want to buy or somewhere else, drop me a PM and itll be gone.

    EDIT: Tried using my Spector's stuff, but its too big.
  2. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Just go to the hardware store and buy a set of allen wrenches. The shipping would cost as much.
  3. You do have a point, I need to make a rule for myself. No posting after 10:00. Apparantly, thats when my brain has decided to start crapping out on me.
  4. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    HAHA. That's alright.

    I had to get one for my Conklin, and had to end up cutting it with my Dremel tool, because the access hole is so small. I don't think the Laklands have this problem, though.
  5. No, no problem reaching them, just dont have the right size wrench for it. And since I just put on some taperwound strings, they are WAY too low, so its time for a little adjustment.
  6. pickles

    pickles Supporting Member

    Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Note that the skyline bridge is METRIC. The truss rod adjuster will work with either metric or a 5/32 SAE.
  7. djcruse


    Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Call Dan Lakin directly. He'll hook you up.
  8. Aj*


    Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I have an odd problem with my Grind, the truss rod tool fits fine but the bridge allen key is too big :/. May have to go buy one that fits, haven't got anything small enough in my tool bag.
  9. If the hardware store across the street doesnt have it, then I will definitely do that. I hear hes awesome with hookin up the people that play his stuff.