Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland "Case Candy"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Anyone got an idea of where I can get some "case candy" (allen wrenches) so I can adjuct my truss rod and bridge? Or if you are in a good mood and have some extra that wouldnt mind selling/giving away, thatd be pretty sweet too.

Sorry Ryan, Jeff or any mod that thinks that this needs to be in want to buy or somewhere else, drop me a PM and itll be gone.

EDIT: Tried using my Spector's stuff, but its too big.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Just go to the hardware store and buy a set of allen wrenches. The shipping would cost as much.

3. You do have a point, I need to make a rule for myself. No posting after 10:00. Apparantly, thats when my brain has decided to start crapping out on me.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    HAHA. That's alright.

I had to get one for my Conklin, and had to end up cutting it with my Dremel tool, because the access hole is so small. I don't think the Laklands have this problem, though.

5. No, no problem reaching them, just dont have the right size wrench for it. And since I just put on some taperwound strings, they are WAY too low, so its time for a little adjustment.

6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Note that the skyline bridge is METRIC. The truss rod adjuster will work with either metric or a 5/32 SAE.

7. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Call Dan Lakin directly. He'll hook you up.

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I have an odd problem with my Grind, the truss rod tool fits fine but the bridge allen key is too big :/. May have to go buy one that fits, haven't got anything small enough in my tool bag.

9. If the hardware store across the street doesnt have it, then I will definitely do that. I hear hes awesome with hookin up the people that play his stuff.