1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland Pickguard's ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brookb, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Brookb

Brookb

Jul 9, 2005
    Charlevoix, MI
    Hi, need some help finding a source for pickguards for a Skyline Joe Osborne 5 string. I would like to find an online source, but if not I can locate my nearest dealer. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

2. Bjornar

Bjornar

Oct 12, 2005
    Oslo, Norway
  3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I've never used Jeannie's, but they seem to have quite the selection and they make custom pickguards.

If for some reason they don't have what you want, I'd contact the Lakland factory themselves.

4. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Why is it I can never find a pickguard for a Joe Osborn 4. Plenty of 5's, but no 4's!

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I have the same problem, but with my Skyline Glaub. No one seems to make aftermarket pickguards for this model. :(

6. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Jeannie makes all of Laklands pickguards - If they don't have one for your model then Lakland doesn't have one.

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    +1 for Roger at Jeannie's. He'll get it done, although it's best if you send him your old pickguard as a template. That way he guarantees accuracy. I just got a new pickguard from him for my Pedulla Rapture, and it was exactly what I wanted. He's particularly familiar with Lakland stuff, so just get in touch with him, and he'll get it done.

8. I bought a cream pearloid pickguard for a 55-94 from Jeannies, great quality and service.

9. MattMPG

MattMPG Matt Pulcinella Guitars

Apr 6, 2006
    If you have a pickguard to use as a template, a good repairman can make you a copy pretty easily out of any material. I've done it many times.

Matt Pulcinella

mpguitars.com

10. Brookb

Brookb

Jul 9, 2005
    Charlevoix, MI
    Thanks everyone, I'll checkout Jeannies.

11. Jason Brown

Jason Brown

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    I don't know what color you're looking for, but Dan Lakin will sell you an OEM guard if you e-mail him.

12. Wait, Lakland JOs aren't compatible with Fender J bass pickguards?