1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lefty Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stewart8980, Sep 6, 2008.

1. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Hey all. I need a replacement neck for my j-bass, and I'd kill for one with block inlays (rosewood, with pearloid). They have one (just 1) at Warmoth for $365 (indian rosewood) and my savings account is telling me that's a no-no. So any ideas where I could get what I'd like for cheaper?

2. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    Check with Rondo Music. He sells a lefty maple neck w black block inlays for $59.99, but he may have rosewood/pearl block necks as well:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product905.html

He also sells a lefty Jaguar-style bass with a rosewood/pearl neck for $159.99:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1880.html

So even if he won't sell you a rosewood neck, just buy the whole bass for $159, take off the neck, and use the remaining parts for something else, LOL.

3. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    hmm 50 bucks for a neck.... is it quality?

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You'd kill for it, but won't pay $365 for it? I didn't realize the economy was so bad on assassins.......:bag:

5. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    :D

6. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    I have no personal experience with their necks, but Rondo/SX has it's fans here. Ask around.

7. phunku

phunku

Jan 9, 2008
    London, England
    ive asked here b4 if their necks are good, a few people said there was no problem s and they are good