1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lehle switcher question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nihilism, May 14, 2015.

1. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    Ok, long story short: I'd like to have a clean signal and a dirty signal using Lehle Sgos, Tone Hammer pedal and Darkglass B7K. I have a TH 500 amp but I would like to be able to have 2 seperate signals all the time, so I figured switching to the pedal is a better idea.
    Anyway, my idea was to use the TH as a clean signal, the B7K as a dirt signal and keep the third output free for when I need to play through a bass amp (which happens alot).
    Question is, will this work through any bass rig? The lehle has gain knobs for each channel so it'll be possible to balance the outputs.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    Bump

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The problem with your question of "will this work with any bass rig" is that most bass rigs are not designed for mixing multiple different inputs. They may have two jacks on the front, but they are typically designed in a way that is NOT suited to mixing.

You would need a splitter AND a mixer. Maybe add a Boss LS-2 to your toolbox.

Bear in mind too that "SGOS" is a term Lehle uses for a bunch of different pedals; you would want to be sure you got the right one for your task.

SunnBass likes this.
  4. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    So I'll have to add the Boss LS-2 to the whole Lehle-TH-B7K circle?
    I should add that I also use a Smoothie, ISP Decimator and a Polytune Mini.
    It would be really cool if you could give me some more details on the whole setup since I'm quite clueless :(

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    I'd go:
    tuner --> Smoothie --> splitter (Lehle) -->
    output 1 --> Tone Hammer
    output 2 --> B7K
    outputs 1 and 2 --> mixer (LS-2, SFX "Mix", or another Lehle like the 3@1) --> amp.
    If you absolutely have to use the Decimator, you could put it at the end of the chain.

Nihilism and GilGB like this.
  6. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    Well, I play through a Pedulla Rapture 5 but I also have a Musicman Stingray which can get pretty hissy combined with the B7K, so I'd only be using Decimator with the MM.
    Do I really need a mixer? It seems like the Lehle acts as mixer (since it has seperated gain knobs..)
    LEHLE

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Those knobs control the volume of each output. Think about what happens when you need to plug into a typical bass amp, which is only designed to have one thing plugged in at a time.

Nihilism likes this.
  8. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    Gotcha. Thanks alot!