Lenny Kravitz...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Funkzfly, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Honestly, I didn't know where to post this so I I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I was just wondering...I'm still wondering what gives Lenny Kravitz that elusive Bass Sound he's getting on the track 'Rock and Roll is Dead' and I can't for the love of me put my finger on his equipment and setup. I don't know whether it's the conditioning in the studio that's giving the sound, but I was wondering if any of you wonderful people out there had any input on his equipment (Bass wise) and possibly the effect he's using...if you haven't heard the track, I really suggest you listen to it, it's one of the best sounding tones I've ever heard from any track...

Liam :)
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    That would either be Henry Hirsch or Lenny himself. I'll listen to that track specifically tonight (actually had all his discs queued up all weekend).
  3. G

Apr 12, 2000
    Good to see some other Lenny fans around here. Great player, IM0. Check out Nikka Costa's new disc, Lanny plays bass on a couple tracks.

I'll listen to that track tonight and see if I can nail it down. The couple times I have seen him live he was J basses all the way. On record though, it could really be anything.
  4. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Lenny's the man, love his playing as well. Just can't put my finger on what he could be using on that track, equipment wise. I heard he also uses Sadowskys as well as his Jazzes.