Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Leno leaving Tonight Show!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Well, not immediately. He will stay on five more years, then be replaced by, get this:

Conan O'Brien!!

Are we to see Triumph on the Tonight Show? The Masturbating Bear? Frankenstein wasting a minute of our time?

While Conan is funny enough, I don't think he will be a good replacement. Whoopi Goldberg, now THAT would have been a good choice.:D

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

2. Conan rules.

I'm gonna miss Jeno tho I like them all.. Very funny in their own right.

Whoopi? seriously?

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Whoopi would have been good. BTW, has her show been cancelled? I haven't seen it recently

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    What?? Conan spits in Leno's face right after he pimp-backhands him everytime he sees him.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    YEah, Whoopi would probably be about as unfunny as Leno so that might be a good replacement. Honestly I could see Conan replacing Letterman because Letterman is a little more offbeat but Leno?! Isn't that the one that old people watch? Conan's weird (in a good way) offbeat humor will be totally lost on Leno's crowd. On the other hand I'd be glad if he does this and gets to keep doing his normal thing because that would mean Conan's on an hour earlier. Woohoo!

brad cook

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    EXACTLY.

7. While I'd love to see Conan on an hour earlier, I'm worried that his jump to that slot might force a bit of content change to be more "viewer friendly." Less offensive, less out-there humor.

I've been watching Conan as long as he's been on the air, and if the new tonight show is just going to be Conan doing Leno material, I probably won't watch it. I think if they move him, then they'll have to move the writers, and let them continue being who they are.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Just thought I'd mention that today's the 50th anniversary of the Tonight Show, originally hosted bt Steve Allen.

Funny that this thread should come up now.

Question: if Conan takes over for Leno ( :eyebrow: ) I wonder who'd take over Letterman's Late Show. Jon Stewart, maybe?

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wait a minute...how do we even know this is true? Some guy with a monkey said it on the internet?! Where's your documentation, Cameron?

brad cook

10. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Are you assuming this because Jon Stewart took Craig Kilborn's spot at the Daily Show?

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Look on CNN.Com, its one of the headlines

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    No, but I see your logic. I thought Jon Stewart would be a good replacement because he's actually had a Talk Show once (Remember the Jon Stewart Show in the mid 90's?) and he's a really funny guy.

I mean, who else could take over for Dave, Bobcat Goldthwait? ;)

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I used to love Jon Stewart's talk show when I was in college. I would stay up so late to watch and then sleep through my classes the next morning. He had that weird sidekick, Howard. That was Jon Stewart at his absolute funniest IMO. His interviews were classic.

brad cook

14. i never understood those shows, not even mildly funny and always left a bad taste in my mouth.....skithouse, full frontal, kath and kim...now theres some funny shows...

15. taste?

dude you play a kubicki!! NOW THATS FUNNY!! :hyper:

:D :D :D

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    This explains so much.

17. Word.

Leigh

18. hmmmm...after serious colaboration with my extensive celebrity deathmatch collection, i have decided that i will destroy you in the fashion that flea does against kenny g :D

19. but ya cant diss full frontal.....

"oi, im poiter, welcome to a current affair, cheers"

ahh, eric bana in full form :D

20. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    If Howard Stern replaced Leno.. :bag: ..THAT would be interesting. :eek: