Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Level 42

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Futterman, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Futterman

Futterman

Feb 12, 2003
    uranus
    So i though i'd stop at my local wal-mart for the hell of it and started to check out the dvd section and there was this Level42 dvd, so i look at the price and it says 9.99, so i scoop it up and wow, what a amazing performance, listening to the songs wasen't something new to me but watchin mark king up there slapping like theres no tomorrow was pretty damn cool.

If you have it or see it in stores pick it up, i though it was great dvd and for the price. Plus if your a Mark King fan theres really cool close ups and all.

I believe this is a older dvd but still good, its called Level 42-Live 2001 at Reading UK.

2. Essexbass

Essexbass

Nov 8, 2003
    Reading, U.K.
    Hi Futterman,
    Agree with your post on this - it's an excellent DVD. I've also got the "Grupo Mark King - Live at the Isle of Wight 2000" and the Mark King "Ohne Filter" show in Germany from 1999, which are also pretty good.

IoW 2000 is a combination of Mark's solo work, some Level 42 album tracks, and the hits (Mark uses a couple of Alembics on this one). The 1999 show is half solo work, half hits (Mark uses a couple of Goodfellow Jazz basses - Goodfellow is UK custom bass builder).

Just been watching my favourite Level 42 video -"Live at Wembley" which is the original line up and Mark using his Jaydees. I've also been fortunate enough to have seen the new line up recently at a couple of gigs in the UK in 2003.

Still one of my favourite bands....

3. I've been a fan since I picked up my first copy of "The Pursuit of Accidents" back in the 80's. Mark King will always be one of the bass greats as far as this low ender is concerned!

:D

from the depths of groove,

Stew

4. I've been a fan since I picked up my first copy of "The Pursuit of Accidents" back in the 80's. Mark King will always be one of the bass greats as far as this low ender is concerned!

:D

from the depths of groove,

Stew

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Am the only one standing in awe that somebody found Level 42 product at a Wal-Mart?

Congrats on the purchase nonetheless :)

6. Futterman

Futterman

Feb 12, 2003
    uranus
    LoL

I couldn't believe it either, so when i did see it i had to look twice to make sure it was for real.

But i couldn't find any other good dvd's after i picked up the level 42 :( just gotta keep a eye out next time i'm there.