Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

levy bass straps?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tjclem, Dec 31, 2004.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I got a $50 Carvin gift certificate for Christmas from my sister and was thinking about getting one of these. Or is there one you would recommend instead?...........Thanks ............tom

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like my padded, wide leather Levy's strap. I believe it was around 50 bucks, but well worth it. Don't cheap out on the strap. :D

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have a Levy deluxe gigbag for my Ibanez ATK305. Is one of the best gigbags i´ve seen. Excellent quallity.

4. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
  5. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Just bought one the other day and put it on my heaviest bass, very nice. The price on it was $50 and I never thought I'd spend that much on a strap but it is well worth it.

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Garment leather, padded, and wide is the way to go! ;) I have several Levy's straps and love them...excellent quality.

7. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I have both, a gig bag and strap form Levy's...excellent quality. You won't be disappointed.

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Most of my staps are Levy's straps, 10 or 11 out of 14 maybe. I also own a levy's gigbag, I use this one bag to take my basses out to gigs (I leave hsc's at home). I highly recommend Levy's stuff!

9. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Are they only 2.5" wide?...........thanks

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    No, I have them in different width's and amounts of padding.

11. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I happened to aquire one with the used cirrus fretless I picked up awhile back. Still using only it, and it's still going strong. Comfy thing... I'd buy another.

Troll

12. they're very nice, i got the "seat belt" leather one. Cost me about $80 CAD but it was well worth it. Excellent quality.

~bartman

13. I have the one from Carvin, and the answer is yes, it's 2.5" wide. Excellent quality though...it's a Levys.

14. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    excellent just ordered it along with some Labella's..........t

15. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I tried findind a Web site for Levy's and can't seem to find it, anyone have a clue?

16. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I've had my solid black padded 2.5" leather strap for a little more than three years and I swear by it. It's got strap locks and I just move it from bass to bass. They get even better when they're all broken in. Wow. This thread just made me appreciate my strap a lot more. :)

17. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  19. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Thanks guys. James, that's the one I'm looking for.

20. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Weight and neckdive aren't issues with my Levy 3" leather. Excellent padding, top quality leather, still looks like new. I use it with about a dozen basses with Dunlop Straploks.