Lexicon Omega users.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Anyone have any experience with this unit. I have had it for a little while but have not used it much so my problem may just be getting use to it.

When I first got it I was able to set it up and start using it almost right away. Not to it's full potential but at least I got it to work and record some useless bass dribble. Since then I have reloaded window XP and just now starting to use it again. Now I am having all kinds of problems, the latest is a driver problem. When I started Pro Tools I got a windows message that my sound card (Audigy) did not support what I was using and switched my omega drivers over to the creative drivers, now the interface wont connect with Pro Tools, and the Omega drivers weren't listed in Pro tools either. Checking the device manager, the drivers are still listed for the hardware (the omega)

I got a little frustrated because I had it working before with out any problems like this, so for now I have just un-installed Pro tools and will start from scratch tomorrow. All I really wanted to do is record an exercise to post here and maybe sound samples of my Mouse 30.

So any help with the driver problem would be great. Opinions on this set up would be appreciated. Is it me or is the Omega\Pro tools set up finicky in a Window XP environment.

Last, does anyone know of more simple recording software that will work with the Omega interface? I'm thinking something like "Guitar Tracks" that's geared more for recording audio (not midi) with a simple virtual console.

Thanks a Chunk.
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I have an Omega and have had nothing but problems with it. I was using a G4 Macintosh with Cubase. My problem was that I couldn't turn off the internal microphone in my Mac. Any time I tried to record something, the internal mic would clip and create unusabe distorted peaks. Also, I would get nothing but feedback when I tried to monitor my songs. I got rid of my Mac and now the Lexicon is sitting in it's box. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with it. In the meantime, I'm looking for a decent standalone digital multitrack. I should have bought one to begin with. Good luck.
  3. Seelesauger

Aug 10, 2006
    With the Omega how many total instruments can you plug in?
  4. It has 4 1/4 unbalanced inputs and 2 xlr inputs, but you can only mix and record 4 tracks at a time.

I haven't tried recording a band and using all six inputs simultaneously. I'm assuming you can seeing how there are six level adjustments. two for the mic inputs and four line level inputs. Of course all six would get mixed to a total of four tracks.

I'm a real novice when it comes to recording so someone please elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 °

Jun 15, 2006
    harrisonburg, va
    you have to watch Creative drivers, they will overtake anything else that might in it's way. i've had issues like that with other things. you are doing the right thing by reinstalling PT. it would be best to clean any remnants of the previous install before you do it though. also, make sure you have updated drivers for everything.