1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Light amp cabs or combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smgleitch, Sep 23, 2010.

1. smgleitch

smgleitch

May 19, 2009
    Napoleon, OH
    I have played thru the gk mb210 and am impressed. Looking for a nice light cab or combo and this fits the bill, but before I buy one is there anyone else out ther making stuff like this. I mean 33 pounds for a 210 is just awesome. So easy to move and still sounds great.

2. Carvin makes a 2x10 and a 1x15 combo that both weigh around 40 lbs. Both have the 500 watt BX500 head in them.

3. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I have the GK MB210 and I love it. I also was looking at the MarkBass 2-10 cab. The MarkBass is also really nice and it has a tilt-back design which I think would be great to have. In the end the factors that made me choose the GK was that I liked the tone right off the bat. The MB has lots of tone options, but I couldn't get a tone that worked for me. (of course tone is in the ear of the beholder.) Also, the GK was much less expensive, which offset the tilt back option for me. Both amps are absolutely amazing from a power/tone/weight ratio to me as someone that has spent more than half of my life hauling around huge heavy amps and cabs.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021