1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lightweight Class D Rackmount Amp recommendations!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbassist1, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jbassist1

jbassist1

Apr 24, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Hey guys!

90 seconds into my Saturday night gig, I blew up my Hartke LH-1000: doh! Thankfully I had a spare HA3500 on hand, and ran my SVT VR 8x10 cab off of it for the gig. It performed admirably!

This got me thinking, though, as this is the 2nd LH-1000 that's failed on me (first one the transformer screws came loose, and the transformer broke the power amp output boards): maybe it's time to migrate away from Hartke, and test the waters elsewhere?

I'd love recommendations on a nice class d power amp (read: lightweight!) thats rack-mountable and will do a minimum of 800w bridged into 4ohm with speakon output (so I can plug into the SVR VR cab) and 1/4" outputs.

Extra credit: I'm thinking about getting a SansAmp RBI for the pre-amp. Any recommendations for/against it?

OOOORRRR: If you have a lead on a lightweight class d pre/power amp combo head, then let me know about that!!!