Line 6 M9 & M13 Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gus Borden, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Okay, so I haven't found one...And the name is the way it is so it could be searched on TB's search tool.

Why a club? B/C in the week that I've had it now, I have had a great deal of fun with it, I can see a lot of potential. That being said, I've also read a bunch of threads with folks asking questions, having trouble updating to version 2.01, and questions about functionality. Personally, I have been looking for more info about the effects present in the M9 and how usable they are with bass.

I figured if we had a club we could post on the thread and ask questions, get answers, advice, settings, if people do demos, they can post clips.

Hence the Line6M9 Club... or the Line 6 M9 Club.

So I will start. I will be number 1, do we have a number 2 out there?

2. matt_bass

matt_bass

Jan 20, 2008
    I'm in!... Awesome bit of gear and love to share/ hear any tips I can! ... Matt

3. Cool.
    So we are two, is there a third?

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    What about those of us with the big brother, M13? What are we to do with our unluckily numbered effect giant?

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Sure, sign me up.

6. You know what? I think that you guys with the M13's should be part of it too... you want in, it's cool with me!
    I know this thing was made for guitar, but I've had a bunch of different effects sound pretty nice with bass. The distortion/OD/fuzz, I have fun with, but I haven't come across a setting on one of the different ones that I feel would translate to a live setting. Still fun jamming in-house though.

7. 1st member update:

#1 - gus1894
    #2 - matt_bass
    #3 - stingray56funk
    #4 - stflbn

If you own an M9 or M13, come on in.

I have the week off, so later this week, I will do some clips with my Tascam and post effects I've been utilizing so far.

8. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    M13 right here!

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    might change the thread title to Line6 M9 & M13 Club

10. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    M13 now and probably an M9 sometime next year.

11. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

I'm in.

12. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    So, you had an M9, returned it for an M13 and now you're planning on picking-up another M9 too?

What evil plot are you planning! ;)

13. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    M13 here.

I've toured with mine for over a year now and it's worked flawlessly.:bassist:

14. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yes!!! I love mine...no need for me to have an m9 and m13...I have too many open scenes as it is. This thing is super fun and very high quality.

15. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Bingo. I want an M9 for times that I want a smaller package. (I should edit that, but I'll leave it for the humor factor.) And then I can acheive my ultimate goal of having a Carvin AE185 with the mag and piezo run completely separately. Two effect chains and two loopers. Kick out some bass lines and chords. Now, do I have the skill to pull it off? Probably not. But it will be fun trying.

This guy inspires me:

16. Got stuck going into work today even though I was supposed to be off this week, so clips will wait until tomorrow or Thursday. Any requests let me know, I will do my best.
    Anyone know where it's easy enough to upload clips for free?

#1 - gus1894
    #2 - matt_bass
    #3 - stingray56funk
    #4 - stflbn
    #5 - Franz Jr.
    #6 - cybersnyder
    #7 - bigtexashonk
    #8 - LuvMusic
    #9 - hendonbass

17. So I changed the name of the thread, but it didn't take other than at the top here. Am I missing something?

18. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    I of course was the Product Manager for M13/M9 but I am also a user. I am a bass player first and only. :) My rig is M9 into a Studio 110 with my Joe Osborn.

So count me in for the club but also I just want to hang out here in case you guys have questions.

19. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Yeah... I have tons of questions... :bag:
    Going to spend the rest of the day reading through all the M9 threads thats are out here.

You guys are making me GAS for one.
    I wan't interested in the M13 because of the large footprint. But the M9 seems appealling for transportability reasons. (I'm into downsizing these days.)

Would an M9 + expression pedal be more compact than a pedalboard with: BOSS CS-3 -> EHX XO Worm -> Ernie Ball volume pedal -> EHX XO Deluxe Memory man + maybe an other pedal (BDDI)?
    I guess so. :)

Oh and Rich, thank you for modelling the Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper. :spit:
    Now my Goatkeeper devalued on the [DEL]extortion[/DEL] used market. :(

:D ;)

20. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    You can't change the thread title after 1 or 2 days.
    Now you can only change the title of the post.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021