Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line6 Echopark vs Akai Headrush E2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by De Teng, Nov 11, 2005.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hey guys,

what would you recommend... apart from the loop function. I can't really think of using that one a lot, plus the Line6 seems to have wonderfull delays, reverbs and echoes.

Does the 'lack of choice' still defend the decision to buy the Headrush..?

Please help. :rollno:

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've never tried the Headrush but the Echo Park (IMO) is the best multieffects in single pedal form ever made. The possibilities of sounds seem to be endless.

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hmmm okay, thus you would recommend it for bass then?

That's all folks... come on.. I know there are at least a few guys who tried these babies! :p

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The echo park to me is the single best "Single Stomper" delay pedal there is, it's more than just a delay, there are so many inspirational sounds in there, the main effects I use are swell and sweep the various and random noises that are added when in tape mode with the modulation turned up are ace, but at the same time if you switch it to digital sounds you get that crystal clear delayed sounded.

Simply the best single stomper delay I've ever used

5. Funny, I thought the Echo Park was a noisy, flimsy, piece of trash. I took it back after a week and went with the bulletproof Boss DD-5.

I think that if your power supply is one of those daisy-chain jobbers like the One Spot or you power your board with a Boss Tu-2, you get some transients that create hum through the Echo Park. Once I took the EP out of my chain, the hum/static went away. If you use a more substantial power supply like the Dunlop Brick or something, you might be better off.

...don't know anything about the Akai.

6. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well ok...that sheds some light on the question to buy the EP or not.

I've got a onespot adaptor which doesn't give me any hiss or whatsoever in the chain. I've got an handmade "Tuner Mute/FX in & out" box (powered, 9V also from the OneSpot) where I want to attach the pedals to. I don't expect much hiss.. but if you say so...?

Chain:

Bassguitar to Bass input (off course)
    Fx out > EBS Octaver, EBS BassIQ, EBS Multicomp > FX in
    Output bass > EBS Unichorus.

I'm not certain yet where to put it, but I think it'll be the last unit or the one before the chorus.

7. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    bump

I really would appreciate all input considering the topic

8. I will say that when I used the EP by itself, there was no problems whatsoever...it was just when it was chained up with other pedals. Mine may have been a fluke, but when I searched Echo Park here, I found that I wasn't alone.

I'd say that, with the options and flexibility of the EP, it'd be worth your while to at least try it out with your gear. If it hisses, you can always take it back. Obviously there are some users that love it, and I'm just one that didn't. By no means should I be the swaying factor.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Echo Park likes the Line 6 power supply or the Pedal Power 2.

10. the akai looks better to me...mainly for the looping and the 4 different outputs...

11. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Okay, then I'll keep that in mind what you just told. Some extra hiss can be annoying... and with a short delaytime of the Akai analogue echo mode, it gives still a spacious effect doesn't it?

Another point of concern about me is that I've a few hundred euro's to spend. Cause I'm not really fortunate at the moment, it will be my last spending on bass stuff I think. Studying is expensive enough..

Should I stick the Akai or buy a 15" speaker with my 4.10" Bag End...? Questions, questions... argh... :crying: