1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Login in issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BIGREDSIX, Apr 15, 2009.

1. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

When I bring up the TB page in my browser (IE), it asks me to log in. I do and it says "thanks for logging in BIGREDSIX" and then immediately goes back to the screen asking for me to log in. Another weird thing is that as I am typing this in the "Bug Report" forum under "Post New Thread", it says "Logged in as BIGREDSIX". I have been a member for many years and am currently in good standing. Please correct this a.s.a.p. Thanks!

Tom (BIGREDSIX)

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    It should say "Logged in as BIGREDSIX"... This is correct behavior as this is your account name.

If you get the cyclical log-in problem, the TB cookie is not being store correctly on your computer. A couple things: Make sure that you have the www. in front of talkbass.com. Next, clear your browser's cookies and cache. Finally, make sure that cookies are enabled, and that you are checking "remember me" when you log in.

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Same problem happened with me using Firefox on OS X; I was still able to post and all that jazz, though. When I closed the browser and came back I was logged in like I normally am.

4. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    Same thing here as well, but when I entered the forums, I was logged in.

5. The Butler

The Butler

Oct 11, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Same thing for me. Log in screen show but when I go to the Forums it has me logged in.

6. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Same problem here that just started last week. Tried all your fixes mentioned above, but still the same problems.

7. likewise.

this only started happening to me earlier this week. not sure when exactly, as i thought it was just a one time thing... but everytime i login now the first npage does not show me as logged in.