Looking for a new cab for the V4b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kenson, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kenson

Kenson

Apr 27, 2017
    Willard, MO
    So I just walked out of the store with a V4b reissue. I demoed off a svt 410hlf. And for anyone that is on the fence about getting a V4b due to volume. I laid those to rest for me on the first note I played. That sucker has some balls. Now I'm looking for a cab.

Right now in my gigs I'm playing in a country band that spans a variety of styles of country and classic rock here and there. I do have PA support but I'm coming from a gen 1 ampeg 210 combo that really sounded good at my shins

Now, I did not like the 410hlf just from how much low end it had. I want something a little tighter. I considered going up to the 610hlf but not sure. I've been looking at the 212av and possibly getting 2 112 av's. What's y'all's experience with this amp cab combo?

2. A few threads on this already.
    The 212av seems a popular choice. I use one or 2 Fender Bassman Pro Neo 115s. They're great. Especially with the V4B

johnpbass likes this.
  3. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Standalone, rodl2005 and deathness like this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    212av, 410he, 810e, and 610hlf's made since LOUD took over Ampeg are more what you're looking for with a V4B. I've not heard any older 610hlf's but people tell me they're muddy. Newer ones aren't. They're voiced surprisingly like an 810e to my ears. I like cabs that don't have as much low end as the 410hlf, too. Good for downtuned metal, hiphop, modern dance stuff and the like, but for what I do, the 810e sets the standard, and the other cabs I mentioned are voiced most like an 810e IMHO. Enjoy the amp!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I played my original vt22 combo (same head as a V4 afaik) through the Ganz benz neox 212 I had at the time. It sounded great. That’s all.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021