1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for nonbiased thoughts (girl related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 60's Bluesman, Oct 11, 2010.

1. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    hi all like the title says i want some nonbias thoughts on this jam im in with this girl i want to get a date with. im 95% sure i can get that date with her but what im worried about is the repercussions of me asking her out. see her mom and my mom grew up together and are best friends and her dad is one of my dads best customers, plus im good friends with both her parents. im not worried about getting rejected im just worried about the fallout my that would parents and i may have from my actions. so what do you guys and gals think, should i throw caution to the wind and go for it or back out and keep relations good?

:confused:

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    [​IMG]
    There is no think, only do.

I never, ever thought I'd bring up star wars and getting tail in the same breath.

3. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    hahaha dude that made my day

4. Yeah, go get it and see what happens

5. XigXag

XigXag

Mar 30, 2010
    Dayton Ohio
    I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not
    Lucille Ball

I think you're thinking too hard on this one. If you don't you'll never know, and you Will regret that.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  7. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What would the parents even be upset about? They'd probably think it was cute that their kids were dating. The only way it could reasonably go wrong is if you cross some other sort of line, like snowballing in church.

8. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    lmao, that's another one for my bucket list.

9. Go for it but don't be a douche. You should be fine.

10. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Is that on the giving or receiving end?
    :bag:

11. it's not the dating that's the problem....it's the splitting up,which is likely as not to be the result....all depends how much of the good will you enjoy now you are willing to risk on the unknown quantity....

12. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    does it matter? either way I get hosed.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    [DEL]Just think of it like a baby-bird being fed by its mother...
    [/DEL]

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Talk to your parents about it.

-Mike

15. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    see what i feel like is that her parents feel that she is too good for me. i mean this girl is going places in life, she had a 4.1 grade point average in high school and is going to college to be a pharmacist she set all sorts of records in softball and she (most importantly) is a great person. id like to think im not a loser but compared to her i am and that wont be good if im a loser in the eyes of her family.

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Phone up her parents and tell them that you have accidently got her pregnant. They will be angry and upset and then say you are only joking and that you just wanted to date her. They will be so relieved that she is not pregnant that they will surely be happy to let you date her.

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    ^ We have a winner!

18. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The only thing that makes sense.

19. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    It depends. If, by dating, you mean spending time together talking and doing fun activities, you should have no problem. Treat her with respect, talk to your and her parents with respect, get her home on time and everyone will love you.

However, if you have sex, all bets are off.

20. As John Belushi said, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

OK, that's not really relevant, but I couldn't think of a relevant quote. It's only 9:40.

There's always a reason (excuse) not to ask someone out - we work together, we go to the same school, we have mutual friends, etc, so it will be awkward if / when we break up. If you let those kinds of things stop you, you'll never date anyone. Life is short. Opportunities are limited. If you're interested in this girl, ask her out.