Looking for Recommendations for a new Bass ($500-600)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joseph Devera, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Joseph Devera

Joseph Devera

Jun 29, 2020
    Ooof, that sounds dope. I hope i'd be able to find someone in my neck of the woods to mod that for me... the professional music industry in my country of Singapore is still somewhat of a niche.

Bassmike62 likes this.
  2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

More info on this thread, including schematics. They might be good enough for anyone with wiring and soldering knowledge. Not sure it absolutely has to be done by a guitar or bass tech.

Best of luck !

Questions about series/parallel wiring on a Jazz Bass

3. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I have to agree with a lot of other folks this thread that I think Yamaha is king in that price range. The BB and the TRBX lines are both amazing basses, regardless of price! I've owned many different brands and I think the fit and finish on the Yamahas beat out everything else that I have tried in that price range.

Guild B301 likes this.
  4. The ATK's have nice a headstock and pickup design, IMHO. Bonus: you can find them used for way less than what they are worth, sound- and build wise.

kCreQy5.jpg
    EeqgRTZ.jpg

5. Joseph Devera

Joseph Devera

Jun 29, 2020
    Wow, that's a beauty! I'll be lucky to find a place that sells that round where I live...

Nekomata likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021