1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lord Valve: Great Selection, Service, & (MOSTLY) Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iualum, Apr 2, 2009.

1. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    No threads about Lord Valve for a l-o-n-g time. He's tremendous. Great valve prices. Takes the time to explain things in simple language. Very sincere. Great to do biz with!

http://www.nebsnow.com/LordValve

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I always go to him first. Great service and I haven't ever had any tube issues.

3. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    He apparently deals with selling toobzs through phone ordering pretty well but I have been to his shop for amp repair service. It was among the worst service experiences of my life. I would never recommend that guy to anyone for anything. Highly unrecommended.

4. basscheez

basscheez

Nov 6, 2008
    Cleveland, Oh
    He was a RIOT on alt.guitar.amps a few years ago. Nice to see he's still around.

5. westrock

westrock

Nov 18, 2007
    All my mail order deals with the LORD have been pleasant and professional. I thought the price, selection and recommendations was all top notch.

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Tell him what you have and what tone you're after with it.

If it is possible to attain that with your set up, he will let you know and get you there. If not he'll get you close.

The man knows his stuff.

iIve placed numerous orders with him all without difficulty.

Wouldn't hesitate to deal again!

7. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Agreed.

If he decides he is going to help you, then your OK but if he decides he dosn't like your attitude, then you will be met with the utmost disrespect a person has ever offered.

There is no way I'd buy Soup from him. No way.

8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    no_soup_for_you.

9. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...absolutely! ;) ...

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've ordered from him before. I find him hilarious. He's quite the character, but I wouldn't want to get on his bad side!

11. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    Strangely enough, I was just in his shop yesterday to get some 12AX7's for my Walkabout.

If you are looking for a fluffy,polite,smiley experience, look elsewhere.

But if you are looking for straight-up,"No-BS", good advice and low prices, he is your man. I told him what I was looking for. He gave me his recommendation, and said if I didn't like what he had given me, bring it back with no questions asked.(with a few expletives thrown in about keeping the boxes in good shape for good measure). I went home and threw the tubes in he had recommended, and it was indeed a great suggestion.

Good enough for me....

12. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Does he ship to overseas buyers?