1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mackie 402 vlz3 for IEMs?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by wengr, Oct 29, 2013.

1. wengr

wengr

Jul 21, 2010
    Hello. Does anyone drive their IEMs from a Mackie 402 vlz3, or a 402 vlz4 ?
    I recently tried a Rolls PM351 for a more me solution. I have a send from foh with no bass, and I took the line out of my Puma 900 and put both into the PM351. It was unusable because the tone of the bass in the iems was very trebly and thin. The PM351 has no EQ.
    I need a solution with eq so the bass sounds like a bass.
    I'm interested in the Mackie 402 vlz3 because of this, but the eq is only 2 band instead of 3 band in the larger mixers. The two bands are 80hz and 12.5 khz iirc. Will this be sufficient eq to get an appropriate bass tone in my Westone triple driver iems?

2. Yes, I am using a a 402 vlz4 for that purpose: IEM. It works perfectly. I get a line from the sound guy onto channel 1 (band mix without bass) and I use the output from my Tonebone pedal on the floor into channel 2.
    2 band eq is very useful, gain and channel level too. Clear soundwith no noise. Very portable also. I use it on a regular music stand next to an Ipad (for charts).

3. wengr

wengr

Jul 21, 2010
    Thanks for the response. It seems that I want to do is pretty much what you are doing. I was surprised to have tone issues with the Rolls PM351 as so many here are reporting positive results.