1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mad Max: Fury Road

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by skychief, Apr 23, 2015.

1. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    New MAD MAX flick to be released May 15th. With Charlize Theron! Woohoo! :hyper:

poster_59349_1428350441.

Haunted by his turbulent past, Mad Max believes the best way to survive is to wander alone. Nevertheless, he becomes swept up with a group fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by an elite Imperator, Furiosa. They are escaping a Citadel tyrannized by the Immortan Joe, from whom something irreplaceable has been taken. Enraged, the Warlord marshals all his gangs and pursues the rebels ruthlessly in the high-octane Road War that follows.

Mad Max: Fury Road -2015 - ComingSoon.net

mbelue likes this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

You had me at Charlize Theron.

But I'll always go out of my way to see what I call "A good blow-em-up." That promises to have lot of things blowing up.

skychief likes this.
  3. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Usually I hate reboots, but I've seen the trailer and it looks worthy of the Mad Max name. Seems like they're no trying to reinvent anything. Just more of the same. I'm excited to see it.

skychief and mbelue like this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Indeed. She made watching some horrific movies totally worth it. Hancock, A Million Ways to Die in the West, Snow White, Sweet November, Reindeer Games, and a bunch more I can't remember. She's visually perfect. I suppose she's a good actress too. I don't really know.

5. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

There are three basic components of a great movie: car chases, explosions, scantily clad/naked women. That's it. ;)

skychief likes this.
  6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Meh. From the trailers, this one doesn't have the same gritty feel as the original, so I'll pass. Although I agree on Charlize Theron - I can watch her in just about anything.

7. Pilgrim

I watched The Legend of Bagger Vance last weekend. Sigh. She is one classically beautiful lady.

8. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Exactly. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Plot and character development were never a big concern with the Mad Max movies. Just lotsa babes, road carnage, and eye candy! That's what the genre demands. They've all delivered so far, I don't expect that to change with Fury Road. :D

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  9. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    And she made a good movie even better. Monster. She did a very convincing portrayal of the real-life serial-killer, Aileen Wuornos. Theron studied Wuornos' mannerism extensively before doing the part. It really paid off, imo.

10. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    And don't forget crazy villains. Humungus, Master Blaster, Toe Cutter... I love the insanity. There's something Sergio Leone-esque about how each character's face and clothes tell their story. Now that I think of it, the Road Warrior is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly with cars and gasoline instead of horses and gold. A mysterious stranger wandering the wasteland.

Tbone76, LiquidMidnight and smeet like this.
  11. Pilgrim

Which in turn, is actually a remake of Yo Jimbo.

ED-AM050_yojimb_G_20100816162815.

Tbone76, One Drop, smeet and 2 others like this.
  12. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Aeon Flux, Devil's Advocate...
    And let's not forget her first - Two Days In The Valley

13. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I think it was the Magnificent Seven that was the remake. But your point is completely valid. Updated takes on classic stories and characters.

14. ArtechnikA

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    It was - but not of Yo Jimbo.
    Seven Samurai.

One Drop likes this.
  15. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Oooooooh, Okay. I really need to go back and rewatch those. I have to get myself in the right mood to do subtitles.

One Drop likes this.
  16. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Yojimbo's "remake" was Fistfull of Dollars.

I won't go to the theater to watch the new Mad Max but I'll watch when it comes around.

17. ArtechnikA

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    And this is one of the reasons I like LaserDisk -- every 2 sides, you _ have to_ take a break.
    It's 7 sides...

18. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I know what you mean. For me, I have to turn off my phone and eliminate all my other distractions. But it's good to focus like that. It's rare these days. That's why I still see movies in the theater.

19. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Starts TODAY!!! :hyper:

20. Just got back:

Imagine a truck crashing into a human face, forever.

On fire.

Then it explodes.

GKon, handofseven and elgecko like this.