1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Made an interesting "Buy" today-----

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Apr 24, 2009.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Today I bought a pair of Avatar PA Speakers. I didnt know that Avatar ever made mains, but I guess they did in the beginning stages of their business. I am guessing around 2001-2003, but am not sure. These babies are built very much like their 212 cabs, only not as wide, and they are loaded w/ 15" Eminence delta LF's and Eminence horns w/ large throats(maybe 1.5" or 1.75") The guy I bought them from also put in Dayton Crossovers 3.5K. They have the same corners and handles as the Bass cabs. I test drove them thru my Yamaha EMX5000-12 and they are fabulous. Crystal clear sparkling highs, good mids, and thunder down under. The black rat fur looks new, he told me they were never gigged, and I believe it. Grills are perfect as is the rest of the "cosmetics", but really what impressed me is the sound. I really think Dave should get back in the PA speaker market. I am not sure what these speakers cost new, but I picked up the pair for $250. Score!!:hyper: