1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Major Jazz Bass Transplant Surgery!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bstringrandy, May 3, 2010.

1. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Okay, here's the deal. My 15 year-old son Kyle has been looking for a Maple Neck Fender (P or Jazz) to add to his collection.

I had a 2006 Geddy that I had gotten on a trade a couple of years ago. It came with the original control plate and Fender PUs in the case and a set of DM Model J's and an Audere JZ3 Preamp installed.

Kyle picked up a sweet Black 92 MIM Jazz a year ago on a great deal. We put in a Badass II bridge and the innards from the Geddy in it right after he got it.

Yesterday, we cooked up this deal that we would swap the Geddy electronics back into it and put the DM Model Js and JZ3 Preamp in the MIM. He would get the Geddy and I would get the MIM.

We laid both patients up on the kitchen table and went to work. It was a crazy scene for a whille... After about 2 hours and some soldering, it was all done and both basses worked great!! Kyle swapped the black Pickguard out for an Aged Pearl one that we had and he was done. I left the black guard on the MIM.

I'm not sure who came out on top of the deal, but it doesn't matter. Kyle got a sweet Geddy and I got a hotrodded 92 MIM that I don't have to worry about smoky club gigs with.

All in all, a great day~! :bassist:

2. someone's gotta say it....
    pics? :ninja:

3. bstringrandy

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    You're right, I knew that was coming.

I'll post some tonight! :p

4. I can post pics of the geddy :)

here they are:

DSC02414.

DSC02415.

DSC02419.

5. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Nice, the black strings look great with the black blocks and binding. Black Beauties or Roto66?

6. Black Beauties

7. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Oh, duh..I forgot the Rotos have gold silk on the tuner end.

Looks great.

8. Thanks :)

9. bstringrandy

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    All right, here's the MIM side of the equation!!

DSC02434.

DSC02433.

DSC02429.

I can't wait to try her out!! :cool: