Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Manring in Atlanta Aug 4!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Hambone, Jul 20, 2004.

1. I just got word that Michael Manring will be playing Eddies Attic on Aug 4 for those inclined.

2. Yes! This is a must. I hope to see all Atlanta-area TBers there. This will be an amazing experience.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i will certainly try to make it.

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    He is phenomenal live. Can't recommend it strongly enough. He's a really great guy too... was nice enough to stay after for a few minutes and talk to a scrub like me.

5. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I'm definitly gonna have to get to this one.

6. Well, let's just say Mr. Manring put on an incredible performance! He played a couple of pieces from his next solo album, which he said should be done pretty soon. Amazing stuff. Lots of pyrotechnics and re-tuning on the fly, but as always with him, it was all in service of the compositions. Beautiful melodies. And, he entertained everyone with a great Beatles medley, and "Purple Haze", among other cool stuff.
    The room was pretty full, but I'm not sure if any other TBers were there besides bassmonkeee and me. Anyone?

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...no one cool ever comes to Orlando...

:bawl:

...must be the whole cheesy tourist/Disney vibe...

:scowl:

Hey, at least we got cool basses!

:hyper: