Marcus Miller clinic at Soundcontrol, London

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Jul 4, 2005.

1. anyone else go to this today?

predictably, lots of bass players in the audience;)

great playing from marcus + band - inc. his slap version of teentown.

credit to all the guys who got up to jam, just for having the guts to do it. I only really liked the first guy's playing though.
    (some sloppy slapping going on...erk, and on an ABG?..bleh...)
  2. Scronk

Mar 25, 2004
    I thought it was on the 2nd so I thought I'd missed it, went there to check out some basses and saw Marcus and his band. They were all very impressive. I also preferred the first guy who got up on stage (the one who played, not the guy who had broken his wrist). The second guy seemed like he was slapping for the sake of it, didn't get much of the third. When the band had finished I went to sit down in the café and his band came out and stood about a foot away from me, pretty cool.

Marcus' words about hearing the music in your head and playing it on the instrument were spot on, it really showed who did this and who didn't when he got people up from the crowd to play.

I think Mike Flynn will have some pictures up soon, I'm pretty sure I saw him getting some from the stairs.

Very inspirational to hear someone like Marcus talk about his experiences with the bass :bassist:
  3. I liked Marcus' comment on plucking hard over the end of the fingerboard with the bridge p/up selected- "you can get pretty annoying":D

also it was funny watching everyone predictably craning their necks to see when he was demonstrating double-thumbing:D

odd that Soundcontrol didn't have a Fender MM sig Jazz to hand to compare- I'm sure they always had them in stock....?