Mark King

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by maxoges, Feb 18, 2006.

1. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    His name keeps comming up. I haven't heard any of his music. Any suggestions where i'd start?
  2. pafriend

Sep 21, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Level 42. Start with their early work like Pursuit Of Accidents.
  3. Yes... try that out, check google video, there are a couple of solo's on there if i am not mistaken and check out a lot of mark king / level 42 bass stuff on that site. the site hasn't been updated in like a year or so but there is still good stuff to be learned on there! :)
  4. seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Check out the Level 42 site

There is also a live CD called Level 42 Physical Presence that was recorded in the mid 80's. great stuff
  5. seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Another thing about Mark King is he sings lead vocal and plays some sick stuff and the same time
  6. Super percussive "thumbs up" player. No doublethumb, just raw speed and insanity.

Check out Mr. Pink!
  7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah man, talk about talent... many of us have trouble doing either skill well, individually. Mark is a pretty smoking dbl-thump slapper.
  8. FunkyXL

Feb 17, 2006

Yeah,i could not have said it
    For me he is the best funk bassplayer there is!

if you wanna check out Mr.Pink you can by clicking on the link below. ;)

He starts with a bass solo (not his best solo)... click ->

edit: it may take a few minute for the video to load... also, on my homepage/fanpage you can find more video`s, mp3`s and other stuff about Mark King :)
  9. Rocketstu

Sep 24, 2005
    He (Level 42) are about to release a new album, and are touring the UK later this year.

As stated throughout this thread, go for the early stuff first, more funky.