Markbass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G2K, Mar 21, 2011.

1. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    I have a new Markbass little Mark 250 head, and have a couple of questions for anyone who may be able to help out.
    1) Does the fan stay on all the time?
    2) Can I use the tuner output for headphones?
    Tks

2. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    1) I don't think it does.
    2) No

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 headphones MUST have a headphone OUT, nothing else. The fan, I'm not sure about.

4. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    I appreciate your comments, thanks

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    the fan only comes on when needed.

6. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    I guess I may have an issue, it's pretty much brand new with about 25 hours worth of playing time at low volume. It seems the fan runs constantly when it's on.
    Not sure if there should be a break in period although I doubt that should affect the fan.
    Tks

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    well there may not be anything wrong with it. it's a smaller amp than the lmiii, and it's possible it may run hotter more often. i think the time to worry about it is if your head gets really hot and the fan DOESN'T come on.

8. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    Will heed the advice, the dealer where I bought it told me that it should always stay on since he did not think there was any thermostat in the unit.
    Thanks again
    Cheers !

9. Clap Trap

Clap Trap

Jan 27, 2015
    Israel
    I'm about to buy one of this heads, doesn't work for headphones if you plug them in the speaker line-out and a low master level?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021