1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMII Marco Limited Edition First Impression

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Apr 10, 2009.

1. I agree fully that it's all about the sound and that only another bass player would notice the gear. The same for the sound though! What you like might be very much what I hate. My sound has to please me first before anyone else comes into the picture. The same goes for the looks of the equipment. If you don't like how your equipment looks you'll never be really happy with it.

Paul

2. Sometimes I wish somebody would notice, since I spend so much time noodling all this stuff.

The only time I get a reaction from the guys I play with is I bring something too big with too many knobs (then they think I'm an idiot). Some of the guys are still giggling over the Mesa M-2000 I had for a while:D

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I dont know. I dont think I could deal with the orange drivers.

4. I agree with this 100%

5. And, thank God, that's your choice. I DO care what my stuff looks like. Esthetics comes into any purchase. You first SEE a new piece of equipment or anything else for that matter from a car to a toaster. If that item is not appealing to your eye you are never going to try it let alone buy it. That's why manufacturers spend goodly sums to find out what folk like to buy and shape their designs around the results.

Paul

6. I think Cheezewiz and I were both reacting to your initial statement that the look of backline could 'get in the way of your performance'. That's a different thing than what you are talking about above, and speaking for him, I think we'd both agree with the above.

7. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Did i read right?
    Kjung and a TUBE coexisting together???:) A tear in the space time continuum?:D:)

will need a report

8. :D Hey, I was an Eden guy for years.

Quite frankly, if the non-tube model had the features of the tube, I would have gone for that. The good news with the LMTube and the LM800Tube is that you can remove it from the signal path:D

Seriously though, the combination of the blendable tube channel with the very clean voicing of the MB class D power amp in the 800 (versus the already warm class A/B of the LMIII and LMTube) might result in something that is actually pretty close to 'an 800 watt Little Mark'. We shall see!

9. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    I bet it is going to sound really good.. they did their homework on that one it seems.. I have only seen Youtube videos of it...
    Cant wait for your review.

10. I'm actually kind of pumped about it, and per my added edit above, there was a bit of logic to that particular choice.

Who knows if I'll see it in a week or 4 months though!

11. CodaPDX

CodaPDX

Feb 2, 2009
    So I just got back home from work, and lo and behold, there was a shiny gold Little Mark waiting for me. Amazing amp. I'd used one before at GC and was impressed, but here at home plugged into my UL2-410, well, it's another thing entirely. I know that "transparent" is fast becoming as big a cliche for Markbass as "growl" is for Warwick, but it's hard to think of a better way to describe it. Except for maybe "loud as hell." I'm used to competing with two volume-happy guitarists in my band (and making liberal use of earplugs), but this thing managed to scare me before I even hit 12:00 on the master. Into an 8 ohm cab.

I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this thing, I can tell.

12. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    I have a funny feeling that head is going to be a crossover for them. it will bring alot of folks to the brand that would have not considered before..

i just had to mess with you before.. Hey someone had to do it .. it might as well be me..:) all in good humor.. love ya man!