1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Studio Pre

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andrewd, Aug 15, 2007.

1. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I just went to the markbass site to look at the Classic 300 again, and happened upon this new preamp. It looks very versatile.

[​IMG]

2. Probably not worth it. People buy mark bass because of the fact that it's transportable, their are plenty of good pre's out there that would kill it for the same price imo.

3. I bought a Little Mark for the tone.

I sold it because I was stupid.

Im about to sell my SWR and get another Little Mark for the tone.

I think your misconception is one many have. Yeah, the Little Mark is light, but its tone makes it way more desirable than the weight, IMO.

4. +1

5. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    I've seen the pre but never a price. Mind cluing the clueless in so we can come to a conclusion, or at least toss out a few other pres in the price range new?

6. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    No kiddin' ...'cause that front end has a lot more features than my LMII.

7. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    and that LMII doesn't need many knobs to sound amazing!

8. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Isn't there a Markbass rep here? I would like to know what the distortions sound like.

9. I own a sa450 so i know all about the tone, i have owned for over a year and a half. Im saying that there is better pre's for the price range i have been told they will be in.

10. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    What is the price range you've heard? (we will all take it with a grain of salt but inquiring minds would like to know :) )

11. Im from Australia, and the retail will be $1499 apparently. I dont know how much it will be in the states?

12. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    What do you guys pay for LMIIs over there?

(speculation is fun!)

13. $1190 for LMK 2

14. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    A US price has not been set yet, and there is not ETA either, but we expect it to arrive by the end of the year.
    Anyone interested should check in with me in September or October, I should have an update.

PM

15. phsycoandy

phsycoandy

May 24, 2004
    UK
    +1 for LM11 tone, mine stays flat on the tone controls, its all there,

16. Peter Murray

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    There's two channels of tube distortion and one solid state.
    One of the tube channels is quite heavy distortion, the other more like a gritty overdrive, and the solid state is of course a different character. These can all be blended too, and sent to a separate output from the "clean" channel. That means you have separate control of the distorted and clean in the mix.
    I'm not allowed to rave about it here, but I can tell you I've been having a lot of fun with it!

Let me know if you have further questions.

PM

17. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Peter, if there is any chance you could post some recordings of the various distortions, I'm sure we would all be grateful!

18. So many features. So tempting. I need a rich uncle with money to burn.

19. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Does MarkBass have (or plan on having) a stand-alone light-weight power amp? I'm thinking along the lines of a five pound 500 watt amp, basically the LMII without the pre for say... $329 USD?

And is the Classic 300 tube head available in the U.S. yet? How much will it m.a.p. for?

20. Peter Murray

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    No plans for a power amp just yet, but we're hearing some requests like yours, so you never know...

The Classic 300 will be available in the US in the fall, but will not be carried in all GC stores so you may have to order it.

You'll have to PM me for the price, I can't list them here.

PM