1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr_Low, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mr_Low

Mr_Low

Jul 28, 2011
    Hey, i'm looking for a new bass amp and I'm coming to you guys in hope that your knowledge will help me in my decision, as I cant try out the amps unfortunately.

I'm mainly looking at Markbass, specifically the Little Mark 250 (+ Markbass 1x15), but the Markbass CMD JB Players School combo and Markbass Micromark801 have also caught my eye.

Anyone have input on these amps? mainly the Little mark as head+cab is preference.

Btw playing style is mixed, bluegrass/jazz to hard rock and budget would be 700-900$ if you have any other suggestions

2. Jeff Berlin combo 849 after rebate this month @ GC. I've had mine 4 years and love it. Just bought a NY 151 cab last week-I'm done.

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Gee, it really depnds on what you need for volume level and what kind of venues you'll play at, as well as whether or not there would be PA support. You might do ok with the smaller stuff for bluegrass and jazz, but a rock gig will require more. I have a CMD 121H combo, but it isn't enough for rock, even in small venues (unless we're VERY quiet---which ain't the case). In order (for me) to do rock I had to go to a 115 cab, actually two sometimes. Personally, I chose a Little Mark III head and two Traveler 151P cabs. I get by with one cab for most club gigs, but bigger rooms and outdoor gigs are best with both cabs. (btw, it's not because of te 15 so much as it's about the cab size, although the 15 IS more robust than the 12 in my 121H). That's just me, though. In my experience, I want at least 300w at 8 ohms with one speaker for most of my gigs. Also, the one speaker must have enough excursion to accomodate what I'll put through it. Your budget may be too low for an effective rock rig. My LMIII head and both cabs were $1800. You might wanna look at used stuff for better prices. btw, the Jeff Berlin combo is a goodun, but it's out of your budget, unless used.

But, hey, are you in a band, or are you looking for something to get started with?

Anyway, the rigs you mentioned are all good, but each has its merits and limitations.

4. Til the end of month the Berlin is at top of OPs budget. I highly recommend and can add an extention cab later if needed.