Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend"?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by LowEbandit, Sep 2, 2004.

1. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    Does anyone know or have the tab to this song? It's very hard to tell what the notes are in this song because the bassist has absolutly the muddiest bloated no clarity tone I've ever heard.
    I can't find ANYTHING on the net for this song, if someone could help, that would be great.
    LEB

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    most of the main riffs are discernible if you listen, but otherwise I just jam in B (maybe Bmin, i'm no good at picking it out). Can't find any tab anywhere for this tune.

3. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    Neither can I........ :mad:
    Thanks anyway...
    LEB

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i never found it hard to pick out the bass lines on that entire album - also it depends on what speakers you play it thru
    great album - one of my favorites
    i got it stolen so i need to get it again - otherwise i would listen to it and let you know :meh:

5. I love the bass from the drum "solo" to the end. Also be sure to hit the C# power chord at the end of the chorus.

6. Neat! I was just listenning to 100% Fun. Sorry, no help on "girlfriend" transcription... :bassist: