1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maxed out Stingray Tone

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Birdland11, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hey all...I would love to hear some thoughts and opinions on my tone. It is all bridge pickup, and everything turned all the way up. I know on paper, that seems ridiculous, but i think it sounds good.I dont really love any other pickup settings.Do you think there is enough lows?Funky Christmas - YouTube Thanks

2. Sounds like a nice fat stingray to me. I love that all black get up.

3. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807

Aug 6, 2007
    Sounds DAMN good! Tasty Stingray tone... And the lows are fine. I find myself asking this when I'm playing on my own with my 'Ray, but with a group I'm always told I have a booming, crispy tone...

Also, what kinda strings are you using there? Your other vids are awesome too, I'm still trying to learn Fvck You myself...

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    That's the setting I use on my StingRay at all times. I'll only cut the treble back if I'm aiming for a more dubby tone, but for 95% of my stuff it's everything on 100%.

5. THanks.. they are rotosounds.

6. Hmmmm, I've never tried this with my ray. Must do. I leave eq flat & usually cut, but sometimes boost to taste.

7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Do it through an 8x10 or 4x12 with a healthily cranked tube head while playing with a pick on a fresh set of rounds. To me, that's THE tone for modern rock music. Of course, YMMV :cool:

8. I will, with my newly acquired NV412 :) Sounds like it'll be a cool experiment!

9. dane22

dane22

Dec 21, 2010
    Once I switched to playing without a pick, I have both controls on my '82 stingray maxed.

10. rilindmc

rilindmc

Oct 17, 2011
    stock pickups are nice. the ceramic duncans sound great. it's really personal preference

11. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Didn't you post pretty much this same exact thread a little while back? Only with a different clip, Cee Lo IIRC?