1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Walkabout dead 12" driver ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geza54, Oct 3, 2013.

1. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
    Hi All,

I have one of the older version of Mesa Walkabout amps. Just came home after a week to find that it doesn't work again ...

Strange as I don't remember any problem lost time I used it which was about 10 days ago ...

The 12" driver reads infinite impedance - no continuity.

The head seems to work fine with other cabinets ...

Has anybody had similar problems ? I notice now on the new version there is a "horn protector" or something similar ...

This amp had light use only and never been driven hard. I find it strange ... ?

If somebody knows the manufacturer of the 12" driver is extra bonus :) ??? though I'm taking it to a mesa engineer next week (again) ...

I'm not very lucky with this amp however nice it sounds when it does work ...

Geza

2. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
  3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    It's an Eminence Deltalite II 2512

4. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
    Thank You ! Any idea why it died ?

I never ever pushed it that much ...

The head for a short time I have tried works fine with an other cabinet.

5. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke

Jul 27, 2013
    NEPA
    Is it possible someone else "played" your cab while you were gone?

6. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
  7. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
    Hi Lilduke, No it's unlikely :) Maybe it went as I switched the amp off ... strange ...

8. Where are you measuring the ohms? On the speaker itself or the connector?

9. geza54

geza54

Nov 25, 2009
    On the actual driver (speaker) once removed from the cabinet and disconnected from crossover ...

10. I drive my WA speaker loud to play with a full band and it's a champ. These amps are little tanks.