Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Hookha, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    i bought a digital meteronome
    but i dont know how to use it
    can you give my some good exercise.
    and how i can practic on quarter,eighth and more speeds - how i need to tune the meteronome tempo%rythem

hope you will understund what i want!
  2. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    What kind of metronome is it? If it's a blue Korg I can help you with anything you need to know.

Once you turn it on it should start at a certain BPM (beats per minute)

there sould be buttons with arrows somewhere on there, that will raise the BPM or lower it. Best practice is to set it at around 80 BPM and just play your scales. Hit each note EXACTLY when the metronome clicks. Once you master that, boost it to 90 BPM then 100 etc.

For 8th notes put it at 60. and Play the note right on the click.. then when the dial is directly in the center (pointing at a 90 degree angle) and then hit the third note when it clicks again. So it will be 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 etc.
  3. Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    Its a J&H METRO-TUNER JH-3000c

here a picture of the product:

Attached Files:

• MT.jpg
      File size:
      7.8 KB
  4. ghizmo

Feb 21, 2006
    oh welcome to the world of metronome!
    i recommend you to play not only at your avarage speed, but learn to play al LOW speed. trust me it's difficult.
    example: i think anyone of us know what a triplet is. ok try to play it at 100bpm i think no one us us will have probs.
    now try to play it al 40 bpm and you understand the gist i'm saying! play at solw tempo forsec your mind to subdivide beats and after a little pratice you wil notice that hell boosting of your subdivision knowledge