Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Jackson in trouble AGAIN...anyone else surprised?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Nov 19, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    You may or may not have seen this on the news

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Entertainment/US/michael_jackson_031119-1.html

Jackos Neverland Ranch was raided by police and there is a warrant out for his arrest on charges that he molested a 12 year old boy.

You'd think he'd learn after the first charge a few years ago that you can't have little kids sleep over and not have trouble down the line

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    What amazes me is that there are still apparently parents and guardians willing to allow their children to come within 15 nautical miles of the old chap...

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What I don't get is why nobody in his environment (managers, advisors, attorneys etc.) counsels him in order to avoid "situations" etc.

When you look back at this British interview feature, it seems he ran into an open knife without anybody warning him.

Why doesn't anybody urge him to get therapy and stay away from minors? What do these people do for their money? Rob him blind?

4. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I personally don't think he did anything wrong. Yes, he's strange as hell, but look at the guy. He's a big kid. He's hanging out with kids and trying to make up for the childhood he did have. You just listen to him and he just seems an overly sensitive person who is just screwed up in his way of thinking. I do believe that he wouldn't hurt a child. He might not make the right decisions, but I think he'd rather hurt himself first before hurting a child.

5. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i think he is just plain odd. i could understand why a child would want to go to his ranch...he has an amusement park in his backyard! but, why would any parent in their right mind let their kid spend the night with him in his bed? thats all i have to say.

6. it dosen't help " he sleeps with kids" he admited...so any it dosen't sound that far fetched :)

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This is not a new charge, guys! They are only opening up an old case. I think it has something to do with that one kid who sued him 10 years ago and they settled out of court.

Odd that this stuff happens to Jacko every time he puts out a new album? Seems like it's planned to me.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No, the issue is about a (now) 12-year-old.

Looks definitely like it.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Poor guy. If he is really guilty, he is sick. A lot of psychologists consider pedophiles to be incurable. I give him the benefit of the doubt, but it sure doesn't look good right now.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Not really that odd. When better to raid someone's compound than when they are preoccupied with other matters, and known to be out of state? Seems like the easiest way to get unfettered access to things that might otherwise be hidden away, or to avoid losing evidence gatherin' time by having 15 lawyers show up when you are trying to go through stuff.

A judge apparently found enough probable cause to justify a search warrant. I don't think, "He has a new album coming out" is enough for a judge to give the go ahead.

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    The sorry fact that is if that any of us were accused, and admitted this we'd be in prison. For some reason this doesn't apply to Jacko. I guess money and fame can purchase "Benefit of a Doubt".

12. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm not really sure what to think to be honest. That family as a whole is a little off.:rolleyes:

Facts as they are though. You have to have probable cause to get a search warrant from a court appointed judge and a arrest warrant is even more difficult to get without some outstanding evidence at hand. No judge is going to issue either one of these without some form of evidence in hand. At least not the latter. Much less for the second time around.

Tickets please......the next train to the media circus will be departing shortly:D .........

13. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I actually think Janet is the only "normal" one..well compared to the rest of them anyway.

14. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    meh...

15. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Go to the Smoking Gun web site and see what the "funny,little mixed up boy" did to the last kid.. It's the afadavit from the last kid.:confused:

16. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  17. Ditto.

I'm convinced he can not see reality. Consider:

1) All the facial surgeries
    2) Hanging out with adolescents
    3) The dangling of his son out the window in Germany a while back. (this in itself was crazy)
    4) The way he speaks during an interview (childlike)

It's easy to bash someone. I'm not bashing him, but I am certainly not defending him. I have no degree in psychology, but common sense tells me he is truly sick, and should be kept away from kids.

He needs help. But you can't get help until you admit you have a problem, right? If he admits he has this kind of a problem, that's the end of his career, and who most of all doesn't want this to happen?

All the sharks that surround him.

Mike

Remember Pee Wee Herman?

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    People, although two allegations in ten years may prove there's more going on at Neverland Ranch than just an innocent slumber party, MJ has yet to be tried in this matter. The phrase "innocent until proven guilty" applies to everyone accused of a criminal act in this country, even alien-like weirdos like Michael Jackson.

19. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    man .....that is the sickest fargin thing ive read in a long time.

20. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Whats REALLY sick is the media is dropping coverage of tens of thousands of people protesting against Bush in England for this crap.Nightline is becoming the National Enquirer by covering this. One could make a case that they withheld the arrest so they could drop this into the medias lap knowing the media would cover this rather than any bad press for King Bush. Great country we live in n'est pas?