1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

micro practice amp

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Wizard in Black, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Wizard in Black

Wizard in Black

Mar 16, 2009
    UK
    Hi all!

I'm looking for something really small and relatively cheap, just to practice in my small room,
    i've been looking at stuff like the vox mini headphone amps and such, in your experience what would you actually recommend?

or if i was to look for a 10/15 w amp should i get something like the ashdown or marshall or i might as well get a really cheap 20quid one?

thank you very much!

2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
  3. Wizard in Black

Wizard in Black

Mar 16, 2009
    UK
    thank!
    i think i'll settle for a voxplug though, cannot really afford that CW, even though looks delicious!

4. toomanybasses

toomanybasses

Feb 20, 2009

Attached Files:

5. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    I'd rate this old thing as my #1 practice tool. Inputs for anything with a stereo plug for listening to another source with your bass. Line/ headphone out. Pretty cool chorus, fuzz, comp, and three okay tones.

Mine is even older, the bass rockman. Still hanging in there.

Keeps the peace in this house.

6. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I've had a Peavey MicroBass for about 15 years now. It still works well. It's a great little amp with a headphone jack and built in compression. I used to carry it on the road.

7. JPrinos

JPrinos

May 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    My only complaint about the Rockman is that when I pop, the signal cuts out at all input/output volumes, even with the AC adapter plugged in. Otherwise, it's a good, solid unit. My $0.02 CDN

8. I'd go for the Roland Cube - the bass variety - or a Micro Cube - and change the speaker for a more bass friendly one. On the other hand if real portability and practice privacy is what's needed a tiny headphone amp is the way to go. But check out bass multi-effects pedals and the like - many have headphone sockets in them - like the old Digitech BR50.